Broaching is a cutting process for the production of inner and outer profiles using a shaped tool with a linear movement.
- The broaching tool has the same final shape as the workpiece profile that has to be realized.
- During the broaching process each tooth progressively removes material until the final shape of piece is achieved.
- All operations (roughing and finishing) are processed in a single step.
- Broaching process is recommended for mass production with the main advantage of achieving a constant quality.
- Broaching operation can be an alternative in many cases to milling, drilling, turning, grinding and EDM technologies.
- The main requirements in broaching process are : the part surface must be parallel to the direction of the tool axis, the part must be conveniently located in a fixture and the tool must be able to pass completely in the piece.
Domains of application:Broaching alternatives:
Broaching of helical or straight internal profile.
- Broaching of keyway profiles.
- Broaching of parts after heat treatment using a high speed broaching process.
- Dry or minimal lubrification broaching process.
- Broaching of varius external profile.
- Broaching of turbine(fir tree) and compressor(dovetail) profiles for aeronautics and energy applications.
- POT broaching for external splines.
Varinelli can provide and give references for all of these applications.
Via Del Bruno 46
Tel.: +39 039 60730
Fax: +39 039 607312